Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: I work for a company in Malaysia who is a subsidiary of a Hong Kong company. If the parent company in Hong Kong pays me a special bonus in USD, is this taxable in Malaysia?

A: If this bonus paid by the Hong Kong company to you is for your employment exercised in Malaysia, then yes this is a Malaysia sourced income and is taxable in Malaysia. 

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text