Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: Is the petrol allowance given to employees by a company eligible for claiming tax deduction? Should this be declared in the employee's EA form as perquisites or benefit-in-kind (BIK)?

A: The petrol allowance is tax deductible for the company and needs to be declared in the employee's EA form as perquisites. However, the employee is entitled to a RM 6,000 exemption a year if the petrol allowance given is for official duty purposes. 

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text