Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: I have 3 siblings. Can all of us claim our mum’s medical expenses under personal tax relief? If she is staying in a retirement home now, can we claim tax relief for the monthly fee?

A: Yes, as long as you have paid for your mum’s medical expenses, you can claim the medical expenses as tax relief. The monthly fee for retirement home is not eligible for tax relief as only expenses for medical care and treatment provided by a nursing home are eligible for tax relief.

Wishing you plentiful tax savings! 

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text