Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: A Malaysian who is working overseas without a tax file number has sold his real property in Malaysia. Does this person need to register a tax file number? After registering a tax file number (if needed), does this person need to file an income tax return form annually even though this person is working overseas?

A: Anyone who sells real property in Malaysia needs to file a Real Property Gains Tax (RPGT) return and thus needs to register a tax file number. However, if this person does not earn any income in Malaysia and has never filed any income tax return form before, he does not need to submit the income tax return form annually. 

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text