Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: Jason is working overseas, and he has a property in Malaysia. If he wants to remit the money from his overseas bank account to repay his loan instalment, is he required to declare the remitted money as taxable income in Malaysia?

A: No, if the income is derived from outside Malaysia, even if the money is remitted back to Malaysia, it is not taxable under Paragraph 28, Schedule 6 of the Income Tax Act 1967. 

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text