Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: Do compensation and gratuities that are tax-exempt need to be reported in Form EA? If yes, do they need to be included in Part F of the Form EA?

A: Yes, compensation and gratuities that are tax exempted still need to be reported in Form EA as they are considered gross income from employment. The amount of tax-exempt compensation and gratuities should not be reported in Part F of Form EA. However, the employer must attach the calculation of compensation and gratuities for the employee's reference so that the employee knows how much of the income can be exempted from tax.  

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text