Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: If my brother transfers his income earned overseas to my Malaysia’s bank account to support our parents’ expenses, is the money received taxable in Malaysia?

A: If your brother is a non-tax resident in Malaysia, i.e. does not live in Malaysia, the income transferred to Malaysia is tax exempt under the Paragraph 28 of Schedule 6 of the Income Tax Act 1967.

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text