Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: As a stepfather, can I claim child relief for my stepchild? 

A: If you are the only person responsible for the payment of living expenses of the child, you are eligible to claim full child relief. However, if the child’s natural father is also responsible for making payment of the living expenses, you are the only eligible to claim 50% of the child relief. 

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text