These are the key takeaways of the
National People’s Well-Being and Economic Recovery Package (PEMULIH) announced
by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
1) Govt unveils PEMULIH stimulus package worth RM150 billion, fiscal injection of RM10 billion.
2) Six-month moratorium for all individual borrowers and micro entrepreneurs — no documentation needed as all applications will be automatically approved.
3) Micro SMEs to receive additional assistance of RM500 in
September and RM500 in November.
4) Govt to remove RM4,000
limit for salary subsidy programme, to provide salary subsidy of RM600 per
worker for four months.
5) Additional RM100 million
under SME Digitalisation Grant for SMEs and micro SMEs to get matching grants
of up to RM5,000 for purchase or subscription of digital systems.
6) Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan Bhd (SJPP) government guarantee scheme limit to be increased by RM20 billion.
7) RM18m allocation for local banks to provide 30 mobile banks
8) Govt has agreed to postpone monthly income tax instalment payments for companies and waive tourism, services taxes for hotel operators until year-end.
9)One-off RM3,000 assistance to be given to sports facilities' operators.
10) Govt to allocate RM400 million to increase national vaccine supply to cover 130% of the population, from previous targeted 120%.
11) There will be RM150 million allocation for public-private partnership immunisation programme (PIKAS).
12) RM3,000 special assistance to be given to 4,400 nursery operators.
13) RM3,000 'one-off' assistance for more than 5,300 registered travel agencies to help them revive their businesses when the country moves to Third Phase of PPN.
14) Extension of electricity bill discounts for affected economic sectors for another three months — 10% discounts for October to December electricity bills.
15) B40 households to receive RM500 from the government in August and RM300 in December; B40 singles to receive RM200 in August.
16) M40 households to receive RM250 in August; M40 singles to receive RM100 in August.
17) Govt to give RM500 assistance to those who have lost their jobs, based on EPF, SOCSO data.
18) Govt allocates RM300,000 to MPs for food basket assistance to help affected groups in their respective constituencies.
19) One gigabyte of free daily data extended until Dec 31 with an estimated value of RM500 million, benefiting 44 million users.
20) Govt to allow withdrawal of RM1,000 per month for five months under EPF's i-Citra.
21) Govt to allocate RM100 million to assist those in the creative arts sector.
22) Govt procurement procedures to be eased, variation of price to be allowed for projects affected by higher building materials cost.
23) Financial assistance of RM500 per month over three months for the disabled
24) Affected insurance and takaful policyholders can apply for deferment of payment by opt-in until December 2021.
25) Targeted moratorium for three months for PTPTN borrowers.