Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: If a Malaysian employee goes for an overseas business trip for 2 weeks and causes him to be in Malaysia for less than 182 consecutive days, will this affect him to be a non-tax resident?

A: If the business trip is connected with the employee’s service in Malaysia such as attending conferences or seminars, the business trip will be considered as a temporary absence and does not count as leaving Malaysia. 

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text