Your weekly dose of tax knowledge - become tax savvy in just 2 minutes!

Q: If a foreigner receives income in Malaysia, can he claim wife and child reliefs if his family is staying overseas?

A: Yes, he can claim the wife relief if his wife is living together with him. A husband and a wife shall be treated as living together unless they are separated under an order of a court or under a deed of separation or a written agreement for separation.

As for child relief, as long as the child is still studying, he can also claim the child relief.

Wishing you plentiful tax savings!

Zen Chow

YYC Tax Guru

Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Weekly Dose of Tax Knowledge!

We respect your email privacy

Home     Useful Articles     About Us     Contact Us     Site Map

Copyright 2024    YYC HOLDINGS SDN BHD 201501018259 (1143591-H)    All rights reserved.

YYC New Logo White Text