Local companies that wish to jumpstart their online presence usually turn to professional website developer Malaysia companies for assistance and guidance. Knowing the things that are required to make the web development process smooth will help you avoid bad experiences with a Malaysia web developer.
So what should you expect when consulting a web developer Malaysia firm?
1. Information about their skills and scope of services. Web development encompasses a lot of skills such as programming, graphic design, SEO, and so on. There's no standard skill set or a certification exam for companies to call themselves professional website developer Malaysia firms. If you're looking to build a beautiful yet usable website, then don't just turn to an organization that's all about technology or to one that focuses too much on appearance.
2. A roster of satisfied clientele. A professional website developer Malaysia company would be able to give you a list of previous clients and their contact details. Visit their websites and take the time to talk to them. You need full assurance that the developer is capable of providing exceptional service.
3. Inquiries about your business. A proficient website developer Malaysia firm will ask a lot of questions about your business. They should ask about your products and your unique selling proposition, your target market, your competitors, and so on. You need to make the company understand all of these things so that these can be reflected in your website.
4. A detailed proposal in writing. After the meeting about your requirements, the website developer Malaysia provider should create a proposal about how the website will be built and how long it will take. The written proposal should also contain an estimate of the cost of their services.
5. Transparency on the costs and the services you'll be receiving. What services are included in the quote? Does the website developer Malaysia company provide a warranty period during which errors will be corrected without extra cost to you? It's also a good idea to clarify the extent of additions that you can have without charge. A website is ongoing work and there are updates that will have to be installed sooner or later.
6. Advice on appearance and functionality of your website. Your website developer Malaysia provider should talk to you about important aspects such as:
* Loading time
* Compatibility with browsers and platforms
* Relevance of content
* Ease of navigation
* Security issues
* High search engine ranking* Statistics of visitors
7. An interactive approach. A website developer Malaysia company's commitment would be questionable if they deliver only what you want without initiating improvements. On the other hand, if you just sit back and let them decide on what's best, you'll most probably get a website that is not reflective of your business.
8. A continuing relationship. If your website is successful and profitable, it definitely needs to change from time to time. You and your developer should see it as an ongoing project founded on communication and cooperation.
9. A formal contract. A formal letter of agreement will help cover your back in case things go sour with the developer. This will help you deal easier with issues such as failure to complete the project, problems with payments, intellectual property disputes, and etcetera.
Now that you're aware of what to expect from a developer, it's time to start your own website! If you're interesting in jumpstarting your online presence, please fill up the form below. You may also contact us at 03-2142 6689 or 010-221 5045 and look for Chau Yap or Mr. Goh.